Thursday, April 6, 2017

And the winner is.....

I’m actually surprised we made it this far without a title.  When looking at the blogs from last year and seeing how late some of them chose their title, I swore we would pick our’s early so we could work on incorporating it in other ways. I’m still laughing at my past self’s naivety, because our project is due in less than a week and we just picked our title today. 


When my group finally got to the conversation, about 45 ideas were thrown out before we settled on the final decision. We wanted our title to focus on the symbolism we worked to incorporate in the beginning of this project, but also hint as to what will happen later on in the film, beyond our opening. We discussed including the words “system” and “file” since we wanted to focus our film around the wrongful judgment of the judicial system and the way it often reduces a person down to their file and what they have done in the past. I suggested we name the film “Filed Away” and happily, my group agreed. I thought of “Filed Away” because our main character is getting prematurely judged on his file and pushed further into the system just because of his past transgressions, as opposed to listening to him and his plea that he did not commit the crime. 



I like the title we came up with and I think it represents our film well. Now, we have to add it to our video. While editing on Adobe Premiere Pro and using Adobe Photoshops are two of my strengths, utilizing the benefits of Adobe Aftereffects is defiantly not. However, I think it would be very cool to use that software to create our title, so I am going to spend the next couple of days messing around with it to see if I can create a look for our title that would fit our video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment