Sunday, April 2, 2017

Putting the Pieces Together

So tomorrow we begin editing. Since I edit a lot in my television production class, I will be taking the lead on editing, but of course, my group members will be there every step of the way. I normally edit broadcast shows and news stories, so I wanted to look up different techniques for editing films and how to give our film the feel we wanted to. This article taught me some techniques to make our film more dramatic and impactful. The use of pacing and knowing when to cut will be extremely essential when editing this film opening. Another article showed me how slowing down clips can create tension.


 I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC so I also read/watched some tutorials on editing in that software just to see how to use some aspects that the software includes that I would not usually use but may want to in this case. Some great videos I watched taught me some techniques for adding effects, fixing audio, and enhancing my footage. Something I usually struggle with is audio so I made sure to take some extra notes about fixing audio in post-production. I also made sure my group recorded audio well on location because of course that helps when editing. I also made sure to focus on editing the voiceover to the story correctly, since that can a crucial part of our video. 


Editing is my favorite part of creating a video so I am extremely excited to start that tomorrow! Stay tuned to find out how it goes! 



Hardy, Robert. "How to Manipulate the Pace of Your Editing to Infuse Drama & Tension Into Any Scene." No Film School. N.p., 01 Dec. 2015. Web. 02 Apr. 2017.

Hardy, Robert. "This Simple Editing Technique Will Make Your Scenes More Dramatic & Powerful." No Film School. N.p., 18 June 2015. Web. 02 Apr. 2017.

"Change or Correct a Specific Color." Change or Correct a Specific Color | Adobe Premiere Pro CC Tutorials. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment