Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Group Critiques are a Blast

We spent yesterday meeting with randomly chosen people from my class to discuss our projects, give feedback on theirs, and get feedback on ours.

I loved having a chance for other people in my class to give me feedback (and of course, being as opinionated as I am, I loved being able to give them my thoughts on their projects.) I explained my group’s idea and what we had so far. Even though we didn’t finalize our entire layout of what we wanted the opening to entail, it was good to be able to explain what we wanted to do to other people. Meeting with the group from class helped me to think of different ways we could reveal information and what we wanted to do.

One of my favorite idea’s that someone had for my group was starting with the present, having the middle (main part) focus on the past and how our main character got to where they are, and then having it flash back to the present. I think this is a great way to reveal information and go deeper in our character’s back story. 

I also got a lot of feedback on our character development and some comments on the way we want to shoot it, which of course was extremely useful.


Overall, I’m usually terrified of speaking in a group (especially sharing my ideas) but I actually had a lot of fun and everyone was super helpful. I’m excited to do this again when we have more of our project done!


No comments:

Post a Comment