Sunday, March 12, 2017

Let's Get Started

Hi! I’m Jenna Leval and I’m glad you found your way to my blog. Here I will be documenting the process of creating my 2 minute film opening with my partners Sofia Angulo, Kaelin Danieli, and Maria Martinez. I also apologize now for the horrible jokes that will no doubt be present in later postings.

So let’s just get started then. 

So far, we’ve decided to do a drama. We spent our first class period trying to come up with a subgenre and plot, but so far, nothing. My partner, Maria, suggested we create a film with a similar vibe to American Beauty, but the trailer kind of freaked out my other two partners, so that idea got shut down just as quickly as it was brought up. (Check out the trailer here and form your own opinion.) Our goal is to have our subgenre picked out by tomorrow and a rough draft of what we would like our plot to be. From there, hopefully we’ll be able to come up with characters and develop our plot more easily. I think we’re just having trouble coming up with our initial idea. I’m a little overwhelmed with how much we need to do for this project. However, hopefully having an idea of what we need to do will help.


The calendars to the left reflect our rough plan for when we would like to have aspects of our project done. All the tasks are listed the days we have class, but we plan to meet several times outside of class to get the necessary work done. Those dates will come up when needed.



Right now, I’m panicking a little that we don’t have a plot. It’s all okay though, because we still have 28 days until our project is due and I do intend to use those 28 days wisely. I have a feeling those days will go by fairly quickly however, so stay tuned to see more about how our project is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment