Thursday, March 16, 2017

I’m (voice)OVER Planning

Something my group felt extremely strongly about was starting off with a voiceover. I think it’s because when we watched a bunch of film openings to figure out what kind of film we wanted to do, the ones we liked best began like that. Also, we wanted our story to be very character driven and we felt that this was a great way to do that, since a voiceover often gives a deeper insight into a character. We researched movies that were successful with starting off with a voiceover. We found a list with effective uses of voice overs and one with how voice overs are often used, both I thought were extremely helpful. My favorite one was from the movie Raising Arizona. I really liked it because I think it gave the audience a better feel for the main character and a deeper look into who he really was. This is something I think we could utilize in our film and will help us to introduce our character’s background.

Reading these articles and learning about films that used voice overs also helped to show me what not to do. I definitely do not want to overuse the voiceover and as a whole, my group would have to choose up front if we wanted the narrator to be objective.


Hopefully, now knowing that this is what we want to do, we can write our script so we will be fully ready to film by next week, with the shot list basically done. 



The planning process is almost over and I could not be more excited. Check back for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment