Tuesday, March 28, 2017

One Step Forward

We finally finished our script. I really feel like I just ran a marathon because it took us long enough to get here. I attached it here in case anyone is interested in getting a little sneak peak into what our opening will entail.



I’m extremely happy we finished our planning, because it means we can finally get fully started with production. Our script is basically finalized, although there are a few things we might change when we see what our location looks like (with our actors, props, etc.) I’m also relieved to have this done while I’m in California, because I plan to get a few shots while I’m out here so I don’t waste my time being away from my group. 


I found a great article that was a basically a checklist of steps to take after finishing your script. While it was more for professionals with an actual budget, it still helped me to make sure we were all ready to go. It actually helped me to realize we needed to create a better schedule not just so we stayed on track, but so we could guarantee that our actors were able to commit as well. Also, as obvious as it sounds (well not that obvious, because we didn’t think of it) but we need to get someone to proof read our script. I actually had my dad do it, and we found a few errors that were easy to rectify, but could have been much worse if we didn’t realize until we got to filming. 


I also found a great article about things to include/not include in a script. While this would have probably been more helpful before we finished, it helped me to make sure we did include (or not include) these things in our script and helped me to ensure we included enough moments to keep our audience engaged. 



I’m happy we finished our planning and I did some research before we went onto our next step. Next stop on the race: filming. Stay tuned!


Macaulay, Scott. "15 Steps To Take After You Finish Your Script." Filmmaker Magazine. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2017.

"BREAKING IN: Following "The Five Minute Rule"." Script Magazine. N.p., 10 Mar. 2015. Web. 02 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment