Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Long Live the Shot List

I love lists. I also can’t draw to save my life. Combining these two aspects, I love to make shots lists instead of storyboarding for my video projects (I put a picture of what I made as a template below.) I spent my day starting to make our shot list so that we could jump right into filming, because to be honest, I’m slightly worried about our pacing. Now, making a shot list seemed like it would be a good idea as something that would help us develop our story more, but it ended up being hard to make a shot list without a full plan. It did, however, get me thinking of different things we could do. Playing around with the list, I wrote out different ways we could start our video and ways we could go about revealing information. Writing down my ideas and the different angles and editing techniques we could use started to make me picture our film and what it would look like. I played around with how we could reveal flashbacks and make it known that is what we were doing and how we could show certain aspects of the judicial system without being able to go into a court. (Update: we called several courts. You can’t film in there. Honestly very rude of them if you ask me. Four girls’ grades kind of depended on it.) The shot list helped me to develop more ideas.


I ended up getting inspired because of the shot list and was able to compile the shots for the first half of our video, with a pretty clear vision of the second half. Finally, PROGRESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment